DimensionsUsing Cebik's nomenclature, and diagram (used with permission :-)
Driven element dimensions not shown on the drawing
- A = 80 9/16 inches
- B = 10 1/4 inches
- C = 3 1/4 inches
- D = 15 3/8 inches
- E = 28 13/16 inches
Please note that with the exception of the gaps, the dimensions shown are from end to end on the aluminium angle.
- Feedpoint to outer edge: 38 11/16 inches
- Feedpoint gap: 2 15/16" (This dimension is not critical like the side gaps. Use whatever you need to clear the U-bolts, brackets and washers.)
- The total of twice the feedpoint to outer edge plus the feedpoint gap should equal "A"
Modeling this antenna with softwareIf you want to model this antenna, here are a couple of hints:
- Try modeling the elements with an effective diameter of 1" or even a little more. The effective diameter might just be close to the diagonal between ends of the angle stock.
- Try sizing the elements based on the four corner screws, not the end to end dimensions
--73, Mark Herson, N2MH. Copyright 2005 Mark Herson, used by permission.
Mark has a webpage at www.n2mh.net. He has larger sized pictures of all pictures here, as well as photos from others who have built his 6 meter design. Mark's website is a great resource and we very much appreciate his contributions.
Webmaster: , K6SGH